The FOSSology project maintains several mailing lists to communicate project status and information. Generally, only the FOSSology list will be of much interest to non-developers:
The FOSSology Project also has a public IRC discussion channel on OFTC.
Anyone can join the channel and chat about FOSSology, ask questions, get help, and get more information. There are usually several FOSSology developers online at any given time.
Most UNIX-like systems have IRC clients available; one excellent graphical tool is called XChat (http://www.xchat.org/)
An excellent port of XChat to the Windows platform is available as well from http://www.silverex.org/
Issues on Github
Issues on Github could be also used to ask questions, if that is a more technical question. Just go to the Issues section on Github and create a new issue and mark this with the question-tag.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact a member of the FOSSology organizers team:
- Oliver Fendt (oliver.fendt(at)siemens.com)
- Paul Guttmann (pguttmann(at)bloomberg.net)
- Maximilian Huber (maximilian.huber(at)tngtech.com)
- Kate Stewart (kstewart(at)linuxfoundation.org)
- Matija Šuklje (matija(at)suklje.name)
- Michael C. Jaeger (michael.c.jaeger(at)siemens.com)