Scheduler admin user UI¶
- owner: Larry
- status: design
For now, you can access the page by the following:
- $putty_dir/putty -L 7777:10.100.1.18:80 osms.chn.hp.com larry/larry
- visit the page: http://localhost:7777/2.0/?mod=admin_scheduler
Suggestions and comments on Design¶
Please post them here
comments from bob¶
1) There is no point in listing "exit" to close the scheduler connection. This is a utility to allow an admin more control over the scheduler operations. Closing the scheduler connection is not something they would ever do. Also, the command isn't "exit" anymore, it is "close". Shutting down the scheduler is "stop", not "close". These changes were discussed in previous team meetings. Norton has changed the code but still needs to update the wiki.
2) The help for "status", "the scheduler will respond on the same socket..." is not useful for the admin. They need to know what kind of information will be returned if they choose "status".
3) Most of the descriptions, like "status" need to be made relevant for the admin.
4) The pull downs should be dynamic. For example, if you choose "stop", no other information is needed. But if you choose "verbose", then another pull down should be brought up with the list of scheduler, and the queued jobs, and another pull down with the verbosity level.
- potential values of jq_endtext: in scheduler/agent/database.c, I find that might be: Started, Completed, Restart, Failed, Paused, others? I did not find where they are documented?