Check out Ryan Arnold's FOSSology review in his masters thesis.
Please use GitHub https://github.com/fossology/fossology/issues for reporting all new issues. All the old issues have been moved to there. Thank you Larry and Paul.
I've turned on the issue tracker so we can complete the migration to github. Please DO NOT FILE NEW ISSUES. Use the github issue tracker for new issues.
January 15, 2015
2.6.2-RC1 has turned into the 2.6.2 general release (without changes)
We have been moving our development infrastructure to GitHub. That's where the issue tracker is now.
January 6, 2015
2.6.2 is a bug fix, performance, and license scanner update. Release notes can be found at: Release_Notes
The master FOSSology repository has been moved from sourceforge to github:
Make sure you update your git config
FOSSology 2.6.1 general release is now available. Note that 2.6.0 was never announced due to the late discovery of a performance bug that effected large databases.
The FOSSology team is happy to announce the release of version 2.6.0 Release Candidate 1.
- monk. This is a new license scanner contributed by our friends at Siemens and TNGTech. Monk looks for complete licenses (as defined in the database) and reports the percentage match (see also License highlighting below).
- License highlighting. Now when you view a license you can see exactly what was added or removed from a license. This works especially well with monk since monk scans for complete licenses (stored in the fossology database). But it also works to show you what snippet nomos matched to identify a license.
- New license browser
- fo_copyright_list can now list files that contain a copyright, or list files that do not contain a copyright.
- fo_license_list has new options to exclude licenses (or directories)
- Many new licenses added
- Old bugs fixed, new ones added. see our issue tracker
Installation and upgrade instructions can be found at Install_2_6
If no critical issues are found in RC1 we hope to put out the general release on Sept 24.
Many thanks to Larry, Vincent, Johannes, Andreas, Daniele, Steffen, Paul, Oliver, and everyone who have filed bug reports, contributed code, documentation and made FOSSology a great tool.
On April 9, 2014 we released 2.5.0.
See release notes at Release_Notes
Also available in: Atom