On April 9, 2014 we released 2.5.0.
See release notes at Release_Notes
2.5.0-RC1 is now available.
We are hoping to release the final 2.5.0 on April 9. So if you find any bugs, please report them asap.
Jan. 15, 2014
FOSSology 2.4.0 released
Dec. 17, 2013
FOSSology 2.4.0 RC1 released
2.3.0-rc1 becomes 2.3.0 general release
The FOSSology Project is pleased to announce FOSSology 2.3.0-RC1 (Release Candidate 1).
The source tarball used to build the packages can be found here (scroll down for packages): https://sourceforge.net/projects/fossology/files/fossology/2.3.0-rc1/
Release Notes can be found at:
- 2.3.0 contains a version of the license scanner (nomos) that can be built and run without installing the rest of fossology.
- Search now includes license and copyright filters
- You can now upload directly from GIT and Subversion
- Many license scanner updates
- Fixes for RHEL/Fedora dependencies installation
- Fixed Edit Upload Properties so you can select different folders.
- Many enhancements to testing and developers continuous integration system. This includes integrating nomos regression testing into CI.
- Group management UI improved to be less confusing.
- Folder properties can now be changed for other than the Software Repository folder.
- Agents can now accept a -v option to return their version number.
- apt-get purge now works correctly
- over 100+ issues addressed (see issue tracker or above Release Notes link)
Unofficial install packages for RHEL, CentOS, Fedora, Debian and Ubuntu (32 and 64 bit) are now available for download from:
Use the lines below to edit the baseurl in the /etc/yum.repos.d/fossology.repo file:
Use the lines below to edit the /etc/apt/sources.list file:
http://www.fossology.org/releases/2.3.0-rc1/Debian/ 6.0 contrib
http://www.fossology.org/releases/2.3.0-rc1/Debian/ 7.0 contrib
http://www.fossology.org/releases/2.3.0-rc1/Ubuntu/ 12.04 contrib
http://www.fossology.org/releases/2.3.0-rc1/Ubuntu/ 12.10 contrib
As always, please report bugs using our issue tracker on the project website athttp://www.fossology.org/projects/fossology/issues OR, write to the fossology mailing list at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are pleased to announce the official general release of FOSSology 2.2.0
The main changes are:
1) Stronger permissions can now restrict upload access.
2) We finished merging SPDX license names with our own (giving priority to the SPDX names)
More information can be found at:
For source installs, the new 2.2.0 tarball can be found in the usual place:
Debian and RPM packages can be found in their usual place:
Install information can be found on our System Administrator Documentation
FOSSology version 2.2.0-rc2 is now available. Several package distros are downloadable from http://www.fossology.org/releases/2.2.0-rc2/.
See the release notes at http://www.fossology.org/projects/fossology/wiki/Release_Notes#220-rc2-Released-May-13-2013.
FOSSology version 2.2.0-rc1 is now available. Several package distros are downloadable from http://www.fossology.org/releases/2.2.0-rc1/.
See the release notes at http://www.fossology.org/projects/fossology/wiki/Release_Notes#220-rc1-Released-April-16-2013.
Our friends at Antelink have integrated FOSSology into their Antepedia Reporter
More info can be found on this link to the antelink blog:
Also available in: Atom